Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations -> ODGC connections with City of Ottawa vis new golf park
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cavit8
New Golfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: ODGC connections with City of Ottawa vis new golf park Reply with quote

Howdy

I was wondering if the ODGC has any official liaisons with the City of Ottawa for developing new golf courses.

The reason I ask is that a colleague and I have been playing at Centrepointe park and we've identified a reasonable 9 hole course that has minimal interfaces with park users: pedestrians, dog walkers, or field users, at least at the times we're using it over the lunch hour.

While we're just using dead trees etc as targets at this point, it seems a good course for something more permanent. I do work for the City but didn't' want to go banging on doors if there are connections already made.

I'll post a course map, photos and by-hole detail maps when I get them done.

-cam
Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a contact with the city of Ottawa and we have discussed this park in the past (there is some history there). I would be available to meet and discuss and share resources if you can meet after I put my kids to bed. That park works well for Glowie if you want to meet there.

My email is fish0041 (at) hotmail (dot) com or you can PM me on this site.

For city of Ottawa land in the West end I like Bellevue Park (1502 Lepage Ave 45.374218, -75.740416) as it has woods, elevation and it is not used for anything right now. It is also fully owned by the city of Ottawa which is rare in this town. It is also the most central location that suits DG requirements. It has been brushed off in the past because of fears of us being shot (rightly so). I would not have the time to champion a course application in West Ottawa but I would love to help in anyway I can. I am not a big fan of the Kanata course so if I was asking for a new course I would seek wooded land or at least single use. There is not much out there but check the link below.

http://maps.ottawa.ca/geoottawa/

East Ottawa has a boat load of potential and this is being worked on now. Ottawa could use another 2 or 3 nine hole courses if they were interesting and playable during busy times of day/weekend. Orleans has a nice course that is unplayable because it is too busy with soccer players during evenings and weekends.

You don't get anything in life if you don't ask for it. And if the answer is no, I would say move down the block and ask the next available party.
cavit8
New Golfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fisher, I'll be in touch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Course Conversations All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: