Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League -> OMPL 2015 and beyond...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: OMPL 2015 and beyond... Reply with quote

i regret to inform the masses that 2014 was the last year for OMPL until further notice.
Thanks to all who played/supported OMPL over the years I enjoyed it and I hope you did also.

Thanks
Rolly

PS dont worry, I still have the remaining payouts etc.
clausr
MOD Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rolly, thanks for organizing all these years. It was a lot of fun playing.
Fisher
ODGC Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This always added a little something extra to the season. I never would have challenged Claus to a Flickr CF round if not for ompl.

Hopefully something will grow from the ashes. Thanks rolly for doing this all these years.
DanPhillips
Ice Bowl Champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to run a match play league if it was set up in this fashion. Or something similar

Set dates. There are 6 months for the league. I would propose 1 Friday evening each month set at one of our courses. The final round would be on a Saturday to do a playoff and crown a champ.
Example.
Friday April 10th @ Kanata
May 15th @ the Shire
June 12th @ Ettyville
July 3rd @ Mountain
Aug 14th @ CF
Saturday Sept 19th @ Mountain
This is totally hypothetical please do not comment on the dates

The league would be open to anyone who wanted to come on that given date and if we had uneven numbers 1 group would have a 3 way match. I realize this can be a disadvantage so I would try and guarantee that each individual would not have to do this more than once. A player could potentially play 6 matches before the final and 1 result would have to be dropped unless said player did NOT attend the final.

The Field would be split into "pro" and "am" so that we don't have any extremely 1 sided matchups.

You would never play the same player twice unless low attendance demanded it.

At the league finals we would crown a tournament champ and a league champ based on the overall results including results from the finals.

2 points for a win and 1 for a tie. Tie break would be Holes for vs holes against. If the majority of your matches were played in the AM division then you would compete for the Am title at the finals.

Costs would be $10 per event + green fees at our private courses. $20+green fees for the finals. I believe $3 would go to the club and the rest would go toward payout at the end.

You would not be required to attend the finals to win the league championship or receive payout.

Questions, comments, and concerns are welcome please let me know what you think

PS. I initially thought about having the first event at Alcove but I am unsure if this is possible during the evening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: