Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events -> 2014 Plaid Acepot Poll Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What should we do with the unclaimed Ace pot from the Plaid?
Roll it over into next years pot
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Use it for next year's prizes
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
Pay for 2014 Plaid expenses
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Roll it over into LNF's ace pot (Shane's idea)
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
- Other? Post or PM
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

Author Message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanPhillips wrote:
Mike McCormick wrote:
The normal course of action when an ace is not hit is to either carry it over, have a ring of fire or donate it to a charitable cause. Never have I seen or heard of the money going to the tourney revenue.

I had previously posted suggestions but removed them as some people may have interpetted them as me saying Andros should eat a loss. This is not the case. The club should come to the Plaid Jacket Committee's aid, not the ace pot participants.


I disagree that the club should come to the aid of any tournament. Put this money back in and if your losing money charge more. If you have a surplus use it to fund next years event. This is the best tournament of the year and you should do whatever it takes to continue this tradition without going out of pocket.

I would add 1 more thing to the list. Keep the money for yourself Andros. It takes a lot of time and effort to be the TD at an event like this. I have no issue with you being compensated for your time and effort. My only issue is that $50 isn't enough for what you did.


Well said.

I have no issue with Andros receiving the Ace Pot as a gift of thanks from the players. This option should be added to the poll.
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bbp
King Geoffrey


Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 1938
Location: On the green

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMR wrote:
We entered an ace pot & didn't get an ace. Tough for us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mike McCormick
Guru of Gab


Joined: 25 Nov 2000
Posts: 1639

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony of this poll is when Rob and I 'discussed' the ownership of the Plaid Jacket back when I was president, he stated one of the main reasons why he wanted to keep the Plaid Jacket out of the hands of the club was because too many people in the club would have opinions on what to do.
_________________
Frolfing happily along.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Plaid Jacket comittee put this poll up?

Honest question. It also leads into a bit of when the comittee makes decisions, or meets, is that information made available to the membership?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Did the Plaid Jacket comittee put this poll up?

Honest question. It also leads into a bit of when the comittee makes decisions, or meets, is that information made available to the membership?


This has ZERO to do with the Plaid committee
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
Did the Plaid Jacket comittee put this poll up?

Honest question. It also leads into a bit of when the comittee makes decisions, or meets, is that information made available to the membership?


This has ZERO to do with the Plaid committee


How do I know that? There's innuendo that the event may lose money and that club should come to it's aid, etc, etc.

The poll is what to do with the money but most of the context has to do with the event in my opinion.

ZERO? lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Thumber wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
Did the Plaid Jacket comittee put this poll up?

Honest question. It also leads into a bit of when the comittee makes decisions, or meets, is that information made available to the membership?


This has ZERO to do with the Plaid committee


How do I know that? There's innuendo that the event may lose money and that club should come to it's aid, etc, etc.

The poll is what to do with the money but most of the context has to do with the event in my opinion.

ZERO? lol


Just to add some more context to my comments.

Quote:
The committee will own the Plaid Jacket, in that the committee will decide on all major decisions concerning the Plaid Jacket tournament. This includes but is not limited to the financial arrangements between the TD of the Plaid Jacket and the ODGC.

The committee will function by periodically meeting in person or electronically and voting on all major decisions with a simple 2/3 resolution process. (2 out of the 3 members must agree)


If this is the area where the TD has ultimate control (which they have and TRUST me on that) then fine. Make a decision TD. I'm the first to not see this as a "major decision" for the event.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a side pot game that didn't get settled. The only people involved are those with "skin in the game"

Any other discussion/concerns about the financial viability of the event should be addressed with the TD directly
_________________
meh


Last edited by Thumber on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
This is a side pot game that didn't get settled. The only people involved are those with "skin in the game"

Any other discussion/concerns about the financial viability of the event should be addressed with the TD directly


Ok. I see the context then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey


Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 725
Location: Toronto, ON

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New option recommendation.

Close the poll and allow Andros to rule with absolute tyranny and discretion and do what he considers best. I put cash in the pot and I am happy to see that money being used at the TDs discretion.

Per standard ODGC style, I'm sure the opinions will keep on rolling in and no clear mutual pathway will evolve.
_________________
"Friends don't let friends putt like Ken Little."
-Ken Little
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Schnobble Gobbler
Mudslide Champion


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 2527
Location: America F%$ Yah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:

Per standard ODGC style, I'm sure the opinions will keep on rolling in and no clear mutual pathway will evolve.


LOL~!


Last edited by Schnobble Gobbler on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8363
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What should we do with the unclaimed Ace pot from the Plaid?
Roll it over into next years pot 5% [ 1 ]
Use it for next year's prizes 23% [ 4 ]
Pay for 2014 Plaid expenses 41% [ 7 ]
Roll it over into LNF's ace pot 23% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17


Thank you all for voting and for you patience.

The operating costs of 2014 Plaid Jacket Tournament has experienced no loss thus I have decided to put the 2014 Plaid Jackets Ace Pot toward prizes for the 2015 Plaid Jacket.
_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts