Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Thursday Recreational League -> Rec Leauge - August 28, 2014 - Final night!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jme198
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject: Rec Leauge - August 28, 2014 - Final night! Reply with quote

This is it! Our last night of the summer for Rec League. I hope everyone can make it out!

When: Thursday August 21th, registration at 5:45pm and tee off at 6:00pm. There is no need to book a tee time, we will have a shotgun start.

What: 18 holes of friendly and fun disc golf, shorts then long tees (red then blue), scorecards will be provided to each foursome.

Who: EVERYONE! Come on out and join us for some fun! This is a night for all skill levels and for learning. So if you are new to playing disc golf and you have questions we will do our best to help you.

Where: Beaverbrook Park in Kanata, 2500 Campeau Dr. We meet at the 9th hole target near the baseball diamond and the parking lot for the baseball diamond.

How much: $5

Out of bounds will be if you land over a fence/road or if you leave the park. I will have discs to loan for anyone who doesn't have their own plastic. If you would like to buy some discs I will have some of Ottawa's own Daredevil discs for sell at $15 each, 3 for $40 and 4 for $50. I will have a cooler of drinks for sale at $0.50 a piece.

Finally, there will be prizes for best raw score, most improved score and maybe more depending on player turnout. I will be awarding the year end prize. As a reminder, you must have had participated in 5 Rec League night's to be eligible for the prize.

If there are any club players that would like to challenge Leppy for the #1 tag and/or me the #2 we'll be happy to oblige.
LeppyR64
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Rec Leauge - August 28, 2014 - Final night! Reply with quote

Jme198 wrote:

If there are any club players that would like to challenge Leppy for the #1 tag and/or me the #2 we'll be happy to oblige.

Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeppyR64
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The match is open. We will take all of the tags of all members interested. Order by gross score will determine the tag redistribution.
Jme198
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please make every effort to be on time tonight. Sunset is at 7:48, it would be good to get going right on time to get finished before it is dark.
LeppyR64
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenger defeated!

Some pretty good scores out tonight. Your hero managed to hold the wolves at bay and maintain his clutch on the #1 tag! #2 has returned to OMR, whom was only a stroke behind the leader. Splash took home the #19 only being two strokes back. Tyrant Andros, who learned the ways of rec league (Yay!) kept his almost favourite #22. The fearless leader of recleague, jme, took home the #36.

The next defense will likely be the Plaid Jacket.

I'm sure Jamie will chime in with his official rec league wrap later smile

Last edited by LeppyR64 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good playing with you Leppy! Way to defend.

Jamie, well done sir. Rec. League is in good hands with you at the helm. thumbsup
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Thursday Recreational League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: