Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Rare OOP disc prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

$319 for a disc?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millenium-QJLS-RARE-color-1-1-CE-plastic-PDGA-Appoved-172g-/121341985856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&autorefresh=true&hash=item1c408bc440&nma=true&si=v6fGLV1BhlkgdIP0bSj7CW7cHEA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Jme198
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's the point? I'd be too scared to throw it on the chance of loosing it and watching $320 disappear. I don't find it all that special to hang on the wall.
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great that the $320 disc is in an easy-to-lose colour, too.
It will likely end up on a wall.
Ken Darcovich
GOAT Champion

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a QJLS disc, it was a 9th place prize from OMPL from a few years back, although mine is dark blue, candy plastic.

It was a very squirrelly mid-range, now at my sister-in-law's place in Florida, in the toys-for-visitors box. I can bring it back after next Christmas if anyone really wants it...
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
$319 for a disc?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millenium-QJLS-RARE-color-1-1-CE-plastic-PDGA-Appoved-172g-/121341985856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&autorefresh=true&hash=item1c408bc440&nma=true&si=v6fGLV1BhlkgdIP0bSj7CW7cHEA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That is just dumb eBay pricing though, no reflection of actual value. The QJLS collector world is quite small. Almost all Millennium collectibles go for about 40-60% of their Innova equivalent.

For discs that are valued at crazy pricing, look no further than CE Rocs. I think it is the 2001 run of yellow Rocs with the big bird football stamp. They start at $450 brand new. Also there are a few short run collector Rocs that routinely go for $1,000+ when they rarely go up for sale.

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/Rocs.htm

*Edited for Roc link

Last edited by kenmlittle on Mon May 26, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

kenmlittle wrote:

That is just dumb eBay pricing though, no reflection of actual value.

LOL, ever heard of the free market? laughing (for the function of establishing price points for a good/service)

That price for the qls is the actual value of a qls, this is how one would discover the true value of a qls, through auction instead of a retail environment. you may not like the price, but its hard to say thats not the actual value.
kenmlittle
Disc Jockey

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
kenmlittle wrote:

That is just dumb eBay pricing though, no reflection of actual value.

LOL, ever heard of the free market? laughing (for the function of establishing price points for a good/service)

That price for the qls is the actual value of a qls, this is how one would discover the true value of a qls, through auction instead of a retail environment. you may not like the price, but its hard to say thats not the actual value.

Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention. I thought it was just a buy it now price, didn't realize it was a completed auction.
clausr
MOD Champion

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:

Rolly, there is intrinsic value and market value and they are not necessarily the same. The market determines market value.

example diamonds have high market value cause of the cartel but less intrinsic value (you cant sell them for what you payed).
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Rare OOP disc prices Reply with quote

clausr wrote:

Rolly, there is intrinsic value and market value and they are not necessarily the same. The market determines market value.

Yes I know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: