Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety -> Altering the 10M Circle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Altering the 10M Circle Reply with quote

I have been following an interesting discussion over at DGCR about the elimination of the 10M circle. I don't support that concept as it will lead to step-through putting close to the basket

One interesting idea presented was that you could allow course designers / TDs to mark a shaped green instead of using the default 10M circle

If you are inside the shaped green lines then 10M putting rules apply. Outside, you can step through

I can see how this could increase risk/reward in some cases.

I don't know how to upload this image.

Thoughts?

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45776&d=1394484449
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PDGa chuck's thoughts

Quote:
As I mentioned before, my thought would be that the distance could only vary between a min and max value of something like 7m to 15m (22 ft to 48ft) so we keep the putting parameters roughly the same. Unlike BG, players would want a smaller green versus a bigger green!

My thought would be that ideally the perimeter length for these new greens would not range too widely. Think of a circular rubberband 20m in diameter (63m around) as our current perimeter. Let's say your green perimeter length could only get down to say 50m or up to 85m.

Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the 10m rule broken?

shaped green is cool idea, but its not going to change much for me as far as stance's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf Rules & Course Safety All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: