Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Quebec PDGA Elections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C.T.PETE
Tonal Pole

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Quebec PDGA Elections Reply with quote

I post this knowing that there are eligible members in the Gatineau area.

This year, an election will be held for the position of PDGA provincial coordinator. All the current PDGA members in Quebec are eligible to vote or run for the position. Members will receive a ballot on-line. If you would like to run for the Coordinators position, please read below and I suggest you post a statement on the ODGC and ADGM forums that includes a platform statement.

I was asked to fill the position about 5 years ago and my mission mainly focused on course development, networking and increasing our visibility within and outside the province.

PDGA ' Quebec' as it's come to be known, has been a 100% non profit entity. However we do have a few assets.

PDGA Canada has donated 2 practice baskets to aid in our development. One is not an asset, it belongs to the ADGM and can be used at Ignace Bourget Disc Golf park. The other basket is on undetermined loan to Albatroz disc golf in L'Avenir. Originally it was installed at ' Golf de L'Estrie' in Sherbrooke...but was removed when the status of disc golf became uncertain 2 years ago. The 9 baskets received from the ' Innova matching basket program' for the Golf de L'estrie course were donated to Disc Golf Sherbrooke....who immediately donated and transferred their title to PDGA Quebec. The new owner of Golf de L'Estrie disputes the proper ownership of these baskets despite clear paper work.
Disc Golf Sherbrooke spent $400.00 in efforts to recover these baskets but unfortunately the legal costs outweigh the basket value significantly. There is still hope that he will open up the course to disc golf once again....the baskets are still in the ground.

During my time a coordinator, I received a PDGA Hat...given to Michel St.Pierre and a PDGA Shirt, given to Pat Huot. I also have a PDGA banner that will be given to a new provincial coordinator if this becomes the case. I do not intend to run in this election.

Many thanks to Ben Turcotte and Sylvain Mercier for their donated time, expertise and probably costs on our websites

Provincial Coordinators

The Provincial Coordinators represent more than 50 key PDGA volunteer positions. Each year 50% of US State and Canadian Province Coordinators are elected. Each member's on-line ballot will only display the candidates names and their home province. Here is the list of responsibilities for the PC position:

Represent the PDGA in a positive light and professional manner to members, clubs, agencies, and communities in their province.
Work with tournament directors and clubs within the province and in adjoining areas to schedule PDGA tour and other disc golf events.
Serve as provincial liaison to the PDGA tour manager, in coordinating the tour schedule and in addressing and resolving tour event issues.
Collect information, either personally or by delegating to individuals or clubs, for the PDGA Course Directory and the Course Evaluation system.
Promote PDGA memberships, and PDGA programs such as the Affiliate Clubs program, tournament sanctioning.
Provide feedback on the annual Tour Standards to the PDGA Tour Manager.
Coordinate state qualification for events such as the USDGC, USADGC, and other qualified-entry tournaments.
Vote for and recommend candidates for select annual PDGA Awards.
Other duties as determined by the PC’s, the PDGA Board and staff.
2013 State/Province Elections

Submitting Your Provincial Coordinator Candidacy

If you are interested in running for the Coordinator position in your home province of Quebec, download a Candidate Biography Questionnaire. This form may also be requested by contacting the PDGA office or calling (706) 261-6342. http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2013_Candidate_Biography_Questionnaire.pdf
The completed form must be returned to the office along with a candidate statement no later than June 21, 2013.

Please Vote!

When you receive your ballot in July, please take a few minutes of your time to complete and submit your ballot. In doing so not only are you fulfilling one of your basic rights and responsibilities as a PDGA member, but you are also demonstrating that the work performed by these our core volunteers is important and worthwhile, both for you personally, and for the PDGA and disc golf as a whole.

Thanks very much for participating in the Annual PDGA Elections!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: