Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League -> League Info 2013 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lissyssil
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
Rolly wrote:
So much for DG being the carrot infront of the donkey.

Does this mean something to anyone but Rolly?

LOL, why do you play DG Atos?

Because it's fun, and the competitive aspect allows me to determine if I'm improving at a reasonable pace (spoiler: no).

But that's completely irrelevant when you start talking about offering payout only to the top 50% of the league, which ten people in the league cannot get into.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lissyssil wrote:
Rolly wrote:
lissyssil wrote:
Rolly wrote:
So much for DG being the carrot infront of the donkey.

Does this mean something to anyone but Rolly?

LOL, why do you play DG Atos?

Because it's fun, and the competitive aspect allows me to determine if I'm improving at a reasonable pace (spoiler: no).

But that's completely irrelevant when you start talking about offering payout only to the top 50% of the league, which ten people in the league cannot get into.

It was just an idea, don't worry. I knew that would not fly at all. A lot of what I have come up with here are idea's. I take a business approach to running this league, and it was a forgone conclusion that this idea would not fly really. Got to test the market a bit for its reactions hahahaha.
Traditionally over the years I have encouraged deep payouts(like last year) as I can raise to give players who don't normally get a chance to play for cash to have a chance to play for cash, and that incentive has helped attract numbers over the years. Messing with that wont be good. The new format is good for this as div 2 and especially div 3 to compete for some cash. I'm going to guess that the top four finishers in div 3's future as of today have never won $$ playing DG outside of handicapped stuff. This is good for attracting #'s and its good for the player's development in pressure situations.
DanPhillips
Ice Bowl Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the idea. It makes you really want to win and move up. As long as your giving out free entry to next year for the winners. All cash moves up to Div 1 sounds fine with me. I also understand why people wouldn't like it because they don’t have the option to play for cash right away and some feel they should already be in a higher division.

I guess you would have to make Div 1 registration open to anyone.
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanPhillips wrote:
I actually like the idea. It makes you really want to win and move up. As long as your giving out free entry to next year for the winners. All cash moves up to Div 1 sounds fine with me. I also understand why people wouldn't like it because they don’t have the option to play for cash right away and some feel they should already be in a higher division.

I guess you would have to make Div 1 registration open to anyone.

We didn't sign up for divisions. We signed up for the league, and our division was determined for us.
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this payout thing going to be resolved soon? I do not want to be part of the league if I am subsidizing the higher divisions, and some players have to play their matches in early April.
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
Is this payout thing going to be resolved soon? I do not want to be part of the league if I am subsidizing the higher divisions, and some players have to play their matches in early April.

Rolly wrote:

It was just an idea, don't worry. I knew that would not fly at all. A lot of what I have come up with here are idea's. I take a business approach to running this league, and it was a forgone conclusion that this idea would not fly really. Got to test the market a bit for its reactions hahahaha....
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:

Rolly wrote:

It was just an idea, don't worry. I knew that would not fly at all. A lot of what I have come up with here are idea's. I take a business approach to running this league, and it was a forgone conclusion that this idea would not fly really. Got to test the market a bit for its reactions hahahaha....

It would be very helpful if Rolly posted a concrete set of rules, and kept his stream of consciousness separate. I (and I guess it could be just me) am having trouble telling the difference.[/list]
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:

Rolly wrote:

It would be very helpful if Rolly posted a concrete set of rules, and kept his stream of consciousness separate. I (and I guess it could be just me) am having trouble telling the difference.[/list]

Relax
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's got the rules up on the OMPL website;

https://sites.google.com/site/ontariomatchplay/home/leagueinfo
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Holly D wrote:
andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:

Rolly wrote:

Relax

?
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
Thumber wrote:
Holly D wrote:
andros wrote:
Holly D wrote:

Rolly wrote:

Relax

?

Thumber says RELAX!
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Im revising the rules right now to make them ontario friendly, sit tight,

Im terribly sorry for the confusion Holly. Im a little busy trying to sort out the rules, get the new league site going, organizing the other leagues in ontario and get those started, and trying to start ironing down the details of the Matchplay tournament, kids etc too.
When doing this switch the payout was the last thing on the list to figure out. Original idea and current idea is money stays in div,pays about 50%. Was trying to see if I can figure out a better idea, and thought payout was reasonable to leave late as there would not be so many so concerned with there rights to win a prize. Dont worry, the logical solution will apply. will add the n payout info to the rules tonight.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya, forgot too add still trying to save the UPI idea too the list of current tasks being done...
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
Rolly wrote:

Im terribly sorry for the confusion Holly. Im a little busy trying to sort out the rules, get the new league site going, organizing the other leagues in ontario and get those started, and trying to start ironing down the details of the Matchplay tournament, kids etc too.
When doing this switch the payout was the last thing on the list to figure out. Original idea and current idea is money stays in div,pays about 50%. Was trying to see if I can figure out a better idea, and thought payout was reasonable to leave late as there would not be so many so concerned with there rights to win a prize. Dont worry, the logical solution will apply. will add the n payout info to the rules tonight.

I'm just concerned that this wasn't all worked out before the season started and, more importantly, before you required our commitment.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Rolly wrote:

I'm just concerned that this wasn't all worked out before the season started and, more importantly, before you required our commitment.

Dont worry I was not planning on getting to crazy deviating from the in div/50% payout, and was expecting lots of resistance on this part of the payout. Surprised though on the resistance to not wanting discs etc from the UDGS, and cash. But cash does make it easier
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are courses playable yet? hows the snow out there?
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
are courses playable yet? hows the snow out there?

Not really. Pretty sloppy out there. Poor footing and buried tee boxes.
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
The dates when months start and end as far as the leagues are concerned are posted in the League info page.
Also its starting to look like April is going to have to be delayed due to the weather. Unless things really change most likely what will happen is April and May matches will need to be finished by the end of May, normal rules apply.

so is this the case?
Circles
Mid-Ranger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Rolly wrote:
The dates when months start and end as far as the leagues are concerned are posted in the League info page.
Also its starting to look like April is going to have to be delayed due to the weather. Unless things really change most likely what will happen is April and May matches will need to be finished by the end of May, normal rules apply.

so is this the case?

I'm looking to the same answer, Rolly.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was holding out to see if this latest episode of global warming that's going to hit here on friday gets changed. It has not really and it looks like its going to almost snow but be frozen rain. So yes the April match deadline will be the end of May.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Match Play League All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: