Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Bolf - The 10 scariest shots in bolf
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thumber
LNF Champion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Bolf - The 10 scariest shots in bolf Reply with quote

man these are some beautiful holes

http://www.golf.com/photos/scariest-golf-shots/bay-hill?hpt=hp_t3
burjwahzeh
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot 1: Bay Hill: Tiger Woods has made 72nd hole birdie after 72nd hole birdie on this hole to win the tournament... twice.
Shot 2: Augusta: Phil Michelson made what might be considered the most amazing shot in Masters history to put his second shot in the green, between those bunkers, from the pine straw in the woods from where this shot might actually have been taken. He has some great quotes following that one, like "the smart shot isn't always the shot you need to make to win a golf tournament", or similar.
Shot 6: TPC Sawgrass: I understand that this green was never in the intended course design. Some much fill was excavated from this pond to complete a series of burms elsewhere on the course, that the decision to make this the most famous island hole in golf was made out of last-minute necessity.
Shot 9: Mauna Kea: I'm not sure why they chose this particular shot over others on the course; Mauna Kea is full of "scary" shots. Side note: Brad Fitsh (sic?) the Manotick golfer, is expected to make his PGA debut in Hawaii this January. If he does travel to the island, chances are you'll see him play this course (the pros seldom travel that far to play just one tournament). This course is all about elevation changes.
Shot 10: The Ocean Course is supposed to be an exercise in bunker play and frustration. No surprises here.

Nice pictures, thumber.
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some beautiful women too at the end of the pics.
C-Kyle
Spin Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Some beautiful women too at the end of the pics.

I sure went through them all...i have a thing for Natalie Gulbis and how she got started
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: