Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events -> Big Man 2012 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinylfactory wrote:
Thumber wrote:

10 of 25 players are ottawa based. That 40% of your player base. What's it take to get to "thunderous" level Confused


But what does that work out to in terms of the percentage of regular Ottawa golfers?

I appreciate the mathematical assistance as my neural calculator lost the multiply button in grade four...damn Texas Instruments!


When we held our election there were 36 eligible voters.

So you are getting 28% of the ODGC attending a non-odgc and non-pdga event. Not bad representation considering it is an entire weekend as a time commitment.
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill


Joined: 17 Aug 2005
Posts: 3697
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
vinylfactory wrote:
Thumber wrote:

10 of 25 players are ottawa based. That 40% of your player base. What's it take to get to "thunderous" level Confused


But what does that work out to in terms of the percentage of regular Ottawa golfers?

I appreciate the mathematical assistance as my neural calculator lost the multiply button in grade four...damn Texas Instruments!


When we held our election there were 36 eligible voters.

So you are getting 28% of the ODGC attending a non-odgc and non-pdga event. Not bad representation considering it is an entire weekend as a time commitment.


I vote for the OD Tour!!!! Why? Because I was told there would be no math!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Thumber wrote:
vinylfactory wrote:
Thumber wrote:

10 of 25 players are ottawa based. That 40% of your player base. What's it take to get to "thunderous" level Confused


But what does that work out to in terms of the percentage of regular Ottawa golfers?

I appreciate the mathematical assistance as my neural calculator lost the multiply button in grade four...damn Texas Instruments!


When we held our election there were 36 eligible voters.

So you are getting 28% of the ODGC attending a non-odgc and non-pdga event. Not bad representation considering it is an entire weekend as a time commitment.


I vote for the OD Tour!!!! Why? Because I was told there would be no math!!!


Since you're not showing, you'd better identify a proxy.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrian1657
Driver


Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 460
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking forward to play the big man this year but it happens to be the same weekend that I have training. frown but there is one thing that I don't is why is the entire cost higher than other events like the CC. is it to do with higher payouts and you get more stuff included with your entre? As yet to have the chance to play an OD event I’m just trying to get some insight.
Have fun out there.
_________________
Ice Bowl is the only good thing with February.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion


Joined: 09 Nov 2005
Posts: 6929
Location: Dog River

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping and meals are included.
_________________
If you can't win the event in regulation, try, try, try again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vinylfactory
Driver


Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 402
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your entry fee at the Big Man:

4 rounds of tournament golf
Players pack
Lunch both days
Dinner Saturday night
Camping


PLUS, you have the chance to win:

divisional CTPs
Free Entry to SuperEttyville
A bottle of wine
All division CTP
Skill Shot Basket CTP


PLUS you get the chance to win prizes in the ring of fire

PLUS the world's finest DJ will be spinning the world's finest funk music all weekend long whilst you play.

How does this stack up against the CC?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrian1657
Driver


Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 460
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be some good value. thumbsup
_________________
Ice Bowl is the only good thing with February.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lissyssil
Champion of Chains


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 2558
Location: Aylmer, QC

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vinylfactory wrote:
How does this stack up against the CC?


Touché, Monsieur Bee, touché.

big grin big grin
_________________
Go Sens!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vinylfactory
Driver


Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 402
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monies sent.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
vinylfactory
Driver


Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 402
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet holly!

lookie all them free prizes to be won!

I'm stoked to lay down the funk sets!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ottawa_adam
Deliverer of Democracy


Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Posts: 954
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Payment also sent by paypal.
_________________
"This course favors lefties/forehanders. No it doesn't, it's just that every hole isn't tailored for your huk and pray hyzer style." - BrotherDave, DGCR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vinylfactory
Driver


Joined: 19 Sep 2005
Posts: 402
Location: Montreal

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah!

RIght on Adam! Thanks for paying ahead of time to reduce the headache upon hangover which Bee consistently inflicts upon hisself come Saturday in tha morn.

Way too many good times on the OD Tour!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adrian1657
Driver


Joined: 04 Jul 2011
Posts: 460
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the must play from pool rule.
_________________
Ice Bowl is the only good thing with February.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather forecast is lookin up
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumber wrote:
Weather forecast is lookin up


Whaaaa?

Quote:
Friday Periods of rain. Low 9. High 16. Saturday Showers. Low 12. High 18. Sunday Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low 11. High 17. Monday Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Low 13. High 21.

_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Thumber
LNF Champion


Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 8271

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday was calling for major rain on saturday....now not so much
_________________
meh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
axelfudge
Disc Jockey


Joined: 04 Aug 2008
Posts: 729

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody driving back to town on Saturday evening? I'd like to find a ride back to Westboro and then a ride back up on Sunday.

Let me know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
briggs
Disc Jockey


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could play this weekend but I've got too much work to do and a previous engagement on Saturday related to a wedding I'm in this summer. :/

I'm hoping to come out this evening for a round of doubles or singles and to say hello.

Any other locals planning the same?


Last edited by briggs on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Other Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts