Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion -> Disc Golf in the News Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't know if I was a "girl", I'd check, and if I was, the last thing I would do is go for a walk in the park with 3 "wired" disc golf dudes...4 dudes maybe "laughing "
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
I new the ratio of guys to girls was bad, but relative to other sports, had no idea it was that bad Crying or Very sad

Cant blame em though, who wants to walk in the woods for the 1st time with 3 wierd dudes you dont know if your a girl,

Well, if you don't know your a girl, you have bigger issues.
surge
Champion of Chains

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't know you're a girl, I don't think you have "issues"
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he be new.
OMR
ODGC Marketing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and maybe if your "A" girl won't, your "B" girl will...
Holly D
Overflow Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel wrote:
Holly D wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
Holly D wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10973198

Cool. We can create our own news and "link to it" all important like.

The event is cool too.

As a club, if we could write up "news" about events and stuff it'd make things look awesomelly (as you can see I can't write) professional looking. Good stuff for engaging partners like the city and trillium grants.

Please tell me what you are implying by your liberal use of quotes.

Inmplying nothing.

"News" = Details about ODGC events in this contributor based news medium that yahoo provides.

"link to it" is technical internet jargon for posting a link to something.

Please tell me why you are asking? I did GO out of my way to say the event was cool too.

A misunderstanding. (Which is why I asked your meaning instead of attributing one to you*.)

*Rolly, write that down.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I will, thank you, sarcastic eye roll
Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMR wrote:
and maybe if your "A" girl won't, your "B" girl will...

Damnit. Guess I shouldn't make grammar jokes either. Pot, kettle, black.
John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly D wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
Holly D wrote:
John Pytel wrote:
Holly D wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10973198

Cool. We can create our own news and "link to it" all important like.

The event is cool too.

As a club, if we could write up "news" about events and stuff it'd make things look awesomelly (as you can see I can't write) professional looking. Good stuff for engaging partners like the city and trillium grants.

Please tell me what you are implying by your liberal use of quotes.

Inmplying nothing.

"News" = Details about ODGC events in this contributor based news medium that yahoo provides.

"link to it" is technical internet jargon for posting a link to something.

Please tell me why you are asking? I did GO out of my way to say the event was cool too.

A misunderstanding. (Which is why I asked your meaning instead of attributing one to you*.)

*Rolly, write that down.

No misunderstanding. I just want to make sure I wasn't being insensitive to the subject, or belittling to the medium. Both look very interesting. I communicate so poorly that double quotes is my "out". smile
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locastro now on team Innova:

Nikko wrote:
After trying out new products in the off season and over looking my options I decided to go with Team Innova for 2012. This decision was nothing against any other disc golf company. Having a mixed bag had its ups and down but at the end of the day it was something that happened for a reason. Moving on from the past and keeping my mind set on the future is all I am focused on this year. I wanted to focus on disc golf full time this year without thinking about other things. This year is all about spreading my love for disc golf where ever I go. I feel focused on performance and health this year. Nonstopdiscgolf is the NEW CREW of top disc golfers traveling together this year. With the help from my friends and team members we are all about spreading disc golf in 2012. We are planning a series of tour stops where we will set up clinics and run tournaments. Having the chance to travel with some of the worlds best and constantly push each other to win will make us all better. Im looking forward to competing and teaching disc golf this year. We recently had a clinic in Las Vegas at a high school. It was an awesome experience to teach disc golf. Many more opportunities await around every corner. Following my dream is an unbelievable feeling Im learning more and more every day about soaking in the moments life has to offer on and off the disc golf course. Im looking forward to see what awaits in the future for disc golf.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/team/star-team/nikko-locastro.html
andros

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Pytel
Sultan of Swill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:

Go Team Canada!!!!
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had no clue niko was such a pimp now.

when i went to kentucky, i played 18 w juliana corver on thursday and 18 w nikko on sat rnd 1 of the event, not a bad couple of cards big grin

nikko then was one of the biggest twats i ever hadt to play with thats for sure, but you know how teenagers are
andros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:

nikko then was one of the biggest twats i ever hadt to play with thats for sure, but you know how teenagers are

He has matured quite a bit since then.

What year did you go down to Kentucky?
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
Rolly wrote:

2007?

His caddy had got fed up with his attitude 3 holes into the round and said "carry your own bag" and droped it on the ground and walked off, too f-ing funny. Then he kicked are asses

Last edited by Rolly on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
andros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
andros wrote:
Rolly wrote:

2007?

His caddy had got fed up with his attitude 3 holes into the round and said "carry your own bag" and droped it on the ground and walked off, too f-ing funny. Then he kicked are asses

He was 19 so I can see why he may have appeared cocky.
Rolly
King of Commentary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm maybe 2006 then, he looked like a little boy
andros

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nonstop Disc Golf Tour

By: Dave Feldberg PDGA #12626
Quote:

Traveling the world playing nonstop disc golf for the last 15 years, Ive met many players, promoters, and disc golf enthusiasts. I have seen hard work from various people trying to excel our sport in their own communities and at the national level. There have been great moments, and great relationships developed between pros and the disc golf community but I have noticed a trend that is disconcerting to me.

The tournaments Ive attended seem to have a separation between the traveling players and the people who make it happen. Running a good tournament requires volunteers that give up time without pay to give the best tournament experience possible. They give trophies, prizes, and money and the only thing they get in return are complaints and negative comments when all they want is a smile or a positive word like thank you. Ive been a traveling professional for the last decade and Ive had the privilege of attending many good tournaments and seeing our best volunteers at work. There has become a sense of entitlement that the players (including myself) are portraying on the local clubs and volunteers. Now is time for the touring pro to continue to give back to the disc golf community in other positive ways.

We have come up with a great and educational solution. Some of the top pros and I have joined together and developed the NonStop Disc Golf Tour. We want to come to your town, do all the work, teach the entire club and local players, and entertain by demonstrating our skills. Well make it as easy for you as possible by eliminating pre and post tournament responsibilities by doing them for you. Also, our events will bring $20,000 plus dollars into each community we attend. Imagine coming out, playing disc golf, enjoying the coaching, friendships and going home and relaxing. Thats right --- relaxing. You wont have to do any paperwork or any tedious tournament director responsibilities. You will finally get to be part of the storytelling and the memories.

We want to schedule at least 15 stops this year. If there is not a tournament within 500 miles and not within a month of any club events, on a weekend --- we would love to add a PDGA sanctioned event to your schedule.

NonStop events will add interaction with some of the top professionals, thus adding to the overall disc golf experience. The format is as follows:
The event will be sanctioned by the level of turnout and added cash available on the tour.
Tournament will start on Saturday morning with an 18 hole round of disc golf.
The round will be followed by a provided lunch and a 2 hour clinic on driving and approaching by the Worlds top professionals.
The tournament will conclude on Sunday with an additional 18 holes, a provided lunch and a 1 hour putting clinic by the same professionals.
Finally, there will be a Final 9 hole skins match so that people will observe the top professionals competing on your local course.
The event will have 125% payback to the AM divisions.
Minimum of added cash to the PROS in accordance with PDGA sanctioning level.
Players will receive personal training from our professionals providing a personal and hands on experience.

NonStop disc golf will arrive to the host city in advance of the event. Well meet the hosts, prepare the course, and promote the event to the local media and community. All event information will be provided to the local schools, malls, other courses, and the PDGA. We have scheduled four events in the first month of the season in Taos, New Mexico (03/10 and 03-11), Austin, TX (3/24 and 3/25) Knoxville, TN (04/01) and Nashville, TN (4/7).

We want to come to your area and share our years of combined experience and knowledge of well run tournaments. Please contact us at nonstopdiscgolf@gmail.com to schedule your event or we will contact you if we have interest in your town.
Our mission statement is to promote disc golf through youth awareness, education, and professional events to progressively change disc golf from not just a casual and recreational activity but into a competitive mainstream sport while maintaining the history, integrity, and character of the game we love.
We look forward to hearing from you to schedule your event.

To keep up to date with the NSDG Tour with blogs, pictures, and product from their tour, visit nonstopdiscgolf.com.

Roxie
Plaid Jacket Champion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Yahoo.

Disc golf is one of the fastest growing sports in the world with courses found across every continent on the planet. One of the top disc golf professionals in the world, Avery Jenkins, has played on over 350 of those courses in 42 states and nine countries. With the sport spreading so quickly, there are bound to be at least a few celebrities who enjoy tossing a disc. Here is a look at five, technically seven, of the famous who play.

Kyle Chandler and Brad Leland

Kyle Chandler and Brad Leland starred together in the successful television drama, "Friday Night Lights." Chandler won an Emmy Award for Best Outstanding Actor in the series in 2011. Last year, the pair hosted the 2nd Annual Beyond the Lights Celebrity Disc Golf Classic in Bathrop, Texas. The event was a fundraiser for the Beyond the Lights charity which benefits the Gridiron Heroes Spinal Cord Injury Foundation and The Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis.

Mark Salling and Cory Monteith

Mark Salling and Cory Monteith star in the hit Fox musical-comedy television series. Just last summer the pair were on tour in Manchester, England, and were said to be such fanatical disc golf players they drove 70 miles to the nearest course at Ashville College. They reportedly brought their own discs, and play at every tour venue they can.

Matthew Perry

The former "Friends" star, Matthew Perry, likes to get out on the course. He was seen with 12-time World Champion Ken Climo at the La Mirada Pro Shop, although I'm not sure if they played a round together that day. It's be nice if he could get some of his old co-stars out there too.

Zach Deputy

Professional musician Zach Deputy is the Innova Celebrity Disc Golf Ambassador. For several years now he's been touring across the nation playing his music to sold-out crowds and playing disc golf regularly everywhere he goes. Last November, Zach hosted a disc golf tournament at the Bear Creek Music Festival with proceeds going to the American Red Cross to support relief efforts in Haiti.

Deputy remarked, "I am really psyched to play music, of course, but I see this as more of a disc golf event. I look forward to hosting another tournament, turning others on to the game, and using disc golf to enhance the concert goer's experience."

Aaron Rodgers

While Aaron Rodgers is also an athlete, as the quarterback of the Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers, he's also a celebrity. He revealed recently that he plays disc golf and loves to play the Balboa Park course in San Diego, and several up in northern California around Chico.

K.C. Dermody is a featured contributor for Yahoo! Sports and Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @kcdermody or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kcdermodywriter.
Mr. Fister
Driver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disc Golf Darwin awards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/16/dexter-tornado-boys-play-_n_1354279.html?ref=canada&ir=Canada
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> Disc Golf General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: