Ottawa Disc Golf Club

Reply to topic ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events -> King of the Oonie - April 30th, 2011 - Kanata DGC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8377
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from last year's Oonie thread;

BBP wrote:
The standings for the Presidents Cup Race is based on your performance in the King of the Oonie. Not the Loonie round. The Points are based on your finish in the King of the Oonie rounds (Twoonie rounds). I apologize if that doesn't seem clear to some, but I'm not about to get into the complications involved in finding out who deserves how many points.

_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations KING ANDREW!!!!

Defending is one of the toughest things to do. Good work.

Accoding to the reports, it was a gorgeous day of golf at The Kanata Disc Golf Course, the Home of the Oonie!

An enormous "Thank You" to the 8 men who came out the 2011 King of the Oonie. And the biggest thank you to Ben, who did this one solo so I could travel to the woods of Southern Ontario.

Thanks for reading the Players Meeting thread prior to arriving.

Thank you for dropping your Twoonies and Loonies in the jars prior to your rounds.

As always, a big thank you to Paulie (sadly MIA AGAIN) who helped write all the rules for this tournie, allowed me to bounce ideas off him, designed the Loonie rounds. We missed you.

Thanks to the ODGC for their baskets and course. The new layout plays nice.

And I say it every year, so why not again, and again, and again...:

"A tournament that supports the community and course, and rewards the winners appropriately; for throwing plastic, not performing brain surgery. Not bad for 8 players.

The success of this tournament has made it even more evident to me that tournaments that offer intrinsic rewards over extrinsic rewards for the winners, while helping courses and clubs grow, is the way our sport is going to grow. Great players don't need plastic; they need recognition and a high class arena to display their talents. This will only happen if support is given at the foundation of the game; the clubs and courses."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolly
King of Commentary


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9820
Location: South East Division

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:
This is from last year's Oonie thread;

BBP wrote:
I apologize if that doesn't seem clear to some, but I'm not about to get into the complications involved in finding out who deserves how many points.


If you like for next year Geoff, I can show you how to rank players as they become eliminated from the event, it really is kind of simple and works with Bye's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
andros wrote:
This is from last year's Oonie thread;

BBP wrote:
I apologize if that doesn't seem clear to some, but I'm not about to get into the complications involved in finding out who deserves how many points.


If you like for next year Geoff, I can show you how to rank players as they become eliminated from the event, it really is kind of simple and works with Bye's


No thank you.
_________________
Boyle says BOOM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolly
King of Commentary


Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9820
Location: South East Division

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefrey A. Brother wrote:
Rolly wrote:
andros wrote:
This is from last year's Oonie thread;

BBP wrote:
I apologize if that doesn't seem clear to some, but I'm not about to get into the complications involved in finding out who deserves how many points.


If you like for next year Geoff, I can show you how to rank players as they become eliminated from the event, it really is kind of simple and works with Bye's


No thank you.


I figured so, oh well, just trying to help


Last edited by Rolly on Mon May 02, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jefrey A. Brother
King Jefrey


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 10042
Location: First tee

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolly wrote:
I figured so, oh well, just trying to help


Appreciate it.
_________________
Boyle says BOOM!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8377
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
briggs
Disc Jockey


Joined: 31 Jul 2008
Posts: 593

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:


Bromance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andros
ODGC Presidents Cup Champion


Joined: 10 Oct 2006
Posts: 8377
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
Hyzer enthusiast
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Holly D
Overflow Overlord


Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Posts: 4302
Location: Ottawa

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andros wrote:


You know, the resemblance is there.
_________________
1020 rated lunch preparationist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ODGC Forums Forum Index -> ODGC Tournaments and Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
RSS Feed for Latest Posts